(c) 2018 Quinn & Associates Inc
419 14th Street, Suite 216, Huntingdon, PA 16652
Solution Technology: Preactor
Inland Label Makes a Mark with Efficiency using Preactor APS
Scheduling was taking place in multiple systems and done completely by hand. Inland schedulers were trying to optimize the schedule and run similar operations together while continuing to meet deadlines. Dependent operations did not link between the grouped operations to make sure that the proper sequencing and wait times were minimized. Constraints and down times had to be factored in manually as part of the schedule.
Preactor 400 APS integrated with Syspro
- Visibility of operations to maintain sequencing while ensuring maintaining due dates.
- Ability to help manage constraints and down time.
- Automation of optimization of the schedule by creating a rule to group similar jobs together.
- Significant expansion of our production without having to add planning staff.
- All scheduling consolidated into a single data-driven system.
"Preactor APS delivered the results that we were looking for. One platform that gave us the visibility needed to put the optimal schedule on the shop floor that sequences jobs correctly and minimizes the changes to any of our production lines and cuts changeover times dramatically."
Inland Label produce 5 different kinds of labels (Cut & Stack, Injection In-Mold, Pressure Sensitive, Blow Mold, and Roll-Fed), offer three print processes (offset, gravure and flexo), and lead the industry as one of the top label suppliers to some of the largest brands in the beverage, food and consumer products markets.
About the Client
Productivity Improvement, Data Analytics, and Business Discovery